Monday, July 26, 2010

Shooting Ourselves In The Foot

"And the people of Israel again did what was evil in the sight of the Lord "
-Judges 4:1

I find myself using the expression "..shooting yourself in the foot" all the time with my boys. I'm probably shooting myself in the foot by using it too often. Reading through the book of 'Judges' I think the above passage is at least the 3rd or 4th iteration where "God's chosen people" were ....shooting themselves in the foot. Surely they "knew" that the Lord was their Deliverer? Yet, they did what displeased Him. Or maybe they only believed it when they really needed to.

I guess not much has changed. I've praised my Lord many times when things are going well. But what about when things go south? Well, my track record isn't that great ...but I am encouraged! I've found myself praising Him ..even when things aren't going that well. It's been rather of a "refining" process to begin to learn this ever-important attitude toward my Father. Isn't it time that we not only say it ...but that we "know" He is Lord of all? I don't want to lash out at God anymore ...when things don't go like I want them to. If we can trust Him today ..isn't He trustworthy tomorrow ..and the next day?

No comments:

Post a Comment