Sunday, August 19, 2012

What Would My Kids Believe?

Ever have doubts about what you believe? What you think you believe? Are you unsure whether to even trust yourself about belief in this day and time? Ask yourself this simple question.....
 "What would I want "my" children to believe?'

If that seems simple ....well it has to be, coming from me. As a disclaimer for anyone who might run the train off its tracks ....I would caution that by no means should one formulate his / her entire system of beliefs on what they would have their children believe, but it does remove some personal bias from the equation and get ya' started on your quest. The courage of consequence typically only applies to self, so it is at least a bit of a measuring stick to help get ya' down the road of searching for the truth.

I don't believe that truth, itself, is so slithery as much as it is that we, instead, have a hard time displacing what we "want" to be truth. If we look through the lens of someone else,  we would care about, we tend to be a bit more deliberate in our thinking. In other words ....who wouldn't (..exceptions granted..) throw themselves under the bus in lieu of their own children?

And never underestimate child-like faith.

"Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it."
-Luke 18:17