Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blessing & Encouragement

"and she exclaimed with a loud cry, "Blessed are you among women," -Luke 1:42

I made a friend on a trip to Kenya a couple of years ago. She taught me a new word just yesterday. UBARIKIWE (Be Blessed). I love the beautiful language of Kiswahili! I fell in love with Kenya and many Kenyans too. Can't wait to get back.

Stopping in at a local hub, on the way to work this morning, I ran into another friend, a life-long friend. We said good morning, and when I asked how she was doing ....a giant smile wrapped her face and she said, simply, ..."Blessed!! I am blessed!" Oh my... the power of words. I was certainly not in a bad mood; no "mood" at all I don't suppose. I hadn't even thought about what "mood" I might take on for the day. Yet these few simple words changed my mental "route" for the day. These encouraging words proved to be a guide for my day. I couldn't help it. I was ENCOURAGED!!

"
So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith."
(Galatians 6:10) I thought about encouraging words from His word when she spoke those simple words to me. What awesome power God's word has! What awesome power His word has when lived out by another.

UBARIKIWE Jane Njambi Gatuche
UBARIKIWE Michelle!

Surrender to Christ and UBARIKIWE.


Blessings,
Steve Terrell